Related feature: Insurers Improve Claims Process Through IT Alliance
Gartner principal research analyst Stephen Forte offers as a baseline service standard for claims adjusters the following five-part prescription:
- Be prompt and equitable with any claims settlement.
- Give a good detailed explanation of the entire claims process so policyholders know what to expect.
- Have empathy with the claimant, whatever the channel of communication may be.
- Fulfill any promises that were made.
- Meet service expectations.