Minnetonka, Minn.-based UnitedHealthcare has launched the Health4Me app for iOS devices.
The app allows users to:
- Download their health plan ID card to their device, and email or fax it directly from the device to their provider
- Save their favorite providers within the UnitedHealthcare network, and record personal notes from each visit
- Locate nearby physicians, hospitals, emergency rooms and urgent care centers using the GPS
- Request a callback for claims and benefits questions
- Contact a nurse at any time with medical questions
- View deductible and out-of-pocket spending information, as well as check account balances for health reimbursement, flexible spending and health savings accounts
“Health4Me makes navigating health care easier for our 26 million plan participants and puts key information, including health and wellness tools, right in the palms of their hands,” Jeff Alter, CEO, UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, says in a statement. “Today’s technology allows consumers to do more with their mobile devices, and Health4Me enables them to manage their health and interact with UnitedHealthcare in a way that is convenient for them.”
United Healthcare anticipates the app being available for Android users in the spring.
Nathan Golia is senior editor of Insurance & Technology. He joined the publication in 2010 as associate editor and covers all aspects of the nexus between insurance and information technology, including mobility, distribution, core systems, customer interaction, and risk ... View Full Bio