Erie Insurance (Erie, Pa.) has made a number of personnel moves, the company announced Wednesday. Some of the tech-focused ones follow:
- Shasta Roca has been named VP of vendor management. She is responsible for sourcing, vendor development, vendor negotiations and procurement and joins Erie from Liberty Mutual, where she was responsible for sourcing, contracting and vendor negotiations for personal and commercial lines as well as Claims.
- Dave Bednar is promoted to Executive Office Liaison. He will develop and implement corporate strategies and serves as a liaison between executive management and senior leaders, most recently holding the position of director of strategic initiatives with Erie Family Life. Bednar holds a bachelor's degree in Computer Science from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Mark Hammerstein has been made VP of agent experience. He last was a branch manager.
- Bill Matrogran is now VP of claims training, focusing on improving the claims organization's technical skills and enhancing development opportunities. He last was section supervisor for property and subrogation.
- Dennis Witkowski is the company's new VP of digital marketing, overseeing Erie's online media efforts including generating new business leads for agents.
- Jim Vrooman is promoted to VP of crisis prevention and management from director of crisis management. In this role, Vrooman leads ERIE's business continuity, disaster recovery and facility security groups.
In addition, Andrew Erman and William Herr were hired as VPs in the company's actuarial department, and Robert McNutt was promoted to VP and treasurer.
Nathan Golia is senior editor of Insurance & Technology. He joined the publication in 2010 as associate editor and covers all aspects of the nexus between insurance and information technology, including mobility, distribution, core systems, customer interaction, and risk ... View Full Bio