• PYXIS MOBILE released mAdvisor for Insurance wireless software as part of the mPlatform 5.2 solutions suite upgrade. According to Pyxis, the real-time tool provides insurance agents with instant access to client and prospect information via the mobile device of their choice.
• AMS SERVICES introduced AMS Producer Plus, stand-alone software designed to assist producers in the sale and retention of commercial accounts. Built on Microsoft SQL Server and the .NET framework, the new release (former versions were known as PS4 Plus) features security enhancements, improved client search capabilities and more-flexible form-editing functions, AMS says.
• COGNOS launched the Cognos Insurance Product Performance Blueprint, a performance management solution designed to help carriers optimize forecasting and reporting of business segment and product profitability. Codeveloped with Australian insurer Suncorp, the solution features full business segment-level rolling income statements and balance sheets, forecasts that encompass insurance premium revenues, and reports and dashboards that provide insight at different levels of the business-segment and product-line hierarchy.
• KEANE BUSINESS RISK MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS launched SCORE 3.0, a Web-based decision-support tool that automates components of enterprise risk management, including measurement, management and monitoring. The new release includes enhancements to help insurers comply with new FSA standards in the U.K. and similar SEC requirements that could be forthcoming, Keane says.
• SUNGARD unveiled SunGard iWORKS Premium Billing Solution (PBS), an enterprisewide billing solution for the P&C industry. PBS is a rebranded version of Maxim Insurance Software's (recently acquired by SunGard) Ebenezer premium billing solution. The software provides comprehensive commissions, code and rules-based payment plans and fee structures, as well as XML system-to-system integration.
File Transfer Solutions
• AXWAY introduced Synchrony Managed File Transfer (MFT), a dual-authentication tool that helps insurers and other financial institutions securely complete high-risk transactions, specifically the transfer of nonpublic customer information and fund movement between parties. Synchrony MFT utilizes password, digital signing certificate and biometric authentication methods.
• PROFESSIONAL DATA MANAGEMENT AGAIN (PDMA) released LifePRO Version 14, a life, health and annuity administration system. PDMA says the latest LifePRO version features more than 50 business enhancements, including expanded equity-indexed and variable annuity product support, improved health claims administration and list bill processing, increased collections automation and expanded commission and advance options.
• COGNIFIT introduced DriveFit Premium, a risk-assessment tool for auto insurers, to the North American market. The interactive, Web-based program tests drivers in 12 areas -- including reaction time, speed estimation, obeying traffic laws, risk-taking and concentration -- to determine which customers are the most or least likely to be involved in an accident.
• EASY DATA ACCESS announced the release of a small-business edition of its Docsvault document management solution, which delivers simultaneous workgroup access to organize, collaborate and manage secure data files on a network. Docsvault SB offers centralization, paperless capabilities, security features, and backup and retention functions that cater to multiple users, according to the vendor.